Show mobile menu
Show search control
Show search control
Search Site

Councillor information

When a local council seat becomes vacant in the course of a term, we publish a Notice of Vacancy on this page. This notice advertises the vacant seat and sets out the process for calling a by-election. In order to request a Town/Parish Council by-election, 10 registered voters of the parish/ward must make a request, in writing, to us within 14 working days.  In order to request a District/County by-election, a request needs to be made in writing to us by 2 electors from the Local Authority Area.

Find your Councillor

You can use this tool to find your Local Councillor

Councillor Vacancies

See this page for a list of current vacancies

Becoming a councillor

Become a Community Leader and Make a difference: Become a Councillor!