Show mobile menu
Show search control
Show search control
Search Site

Council Tax

Council Tax is a local tax set by councils to help pay for local services, such as bin collections. This section contains information about how much your Council Tax is, how to pay your Council Tax and how you can apply for a discount or exemption on your bill.

Pay your Council Tax

There are several different ways that you can pay your Council Tax. All payments (other than direct debit) must be paid on or before 15th of the month.

Online Account - Council Tax

Registering for an online account is free and easy and will allow you to view your Council Tax details online, report a change of address, sign up for e-billing, set up a Direct Debit, set up an Arrangement and search Council Tax bands

Moving In or Out of East Herts

If you are moving home in to or out of East Herts please let us know so that we can send you your new council tax bill as quickly as possible.

Council Tax Bands & Charges

All properties come under a band (A to H) which determines how much Council Tax should be paid on that property.

Council Tax Amounts 2019/2020

View the Council Tax charges for the area you live in for the 2019/20 period

Council Tax Amounts 2018/2019

View the Council Tax charges for the area you live in.

Council Tax Forms and Leaflets

A full list of all our Council Tax forms, including registering for Council Tax, Exemptions, Discounts and Band Reductions.

Council Tax Appeals

There are a number of grounds on which you have the right to appeal, including if you believe your Council Tax Banding is incorrect or if you believe you should receive a discount.

Council Tax Recovery & Financial Support

If you get into payment difficulties and you can't afford your instalments, contact us straight away as we may be able to help you by making a different payment arrangement.

New Properties & Completion Notices

Information on how we decide on when a new property is complete and therefore liable for Council Tax, completion dates and how you can appeal your completion notice.