Show mobile menu
Show search control
Show search control
Search Site

Roads, Streets & Pavements

Information on things affecting our roads and pavements including how to report litter and abandoned vehicles, dealing with dumped rubbish and transport links in East Herts.

To report a street light or pothole please visit the Hertfordshire County Council website.

For information about roadworks and road closures please visit the Hertfordshire County Council website.

Abandoned and Nuisance Vehicles

How to report an abandoned or nuisance vehicle and how to arrange for your vehicle to be scrapped.

Leaflet distribution in town centres

You are required to obtain consent if you wish to distribute or hand out leaflets, flyers and other free printed matter in town centre areas of Bishop's Stortford, Buntingford, Hertford, Sawbridgeworth and Ware, as well as all East Herts owned car parks and open spaces within these areas.

Street Cleaning & Litter

We are responsible for sweeping roads, pavements and public land, helping to keep the environment clear of litter and dirt. If you see an area that needs cleaning please report it to us using our online form.

Dumped Rubbish (Fly tipping)

You can report dumped rubbish to us to investigate and remove.

Fixed Penalty Notices for Littering & Dog Fouling

We can issue someone with a fixed penalty notice (FPN) if they commit certain offences such as littering or dog fouling. They may be issued on the spot or through the post.

Traffic Orders

Hertfordshire County Council is responsible for highways in East Herts (except trunk roads).


Information on public transport in East Herts, including bus links, bus passes, rail links, airports. roads and community travel schemes.


Flyposting is illegal and costs East Herts money to clear. If you see flyposting please report it to us using our online form.

Dead Animal

Depending on where you find a dead animal, we may be able to help with removing it. You should inform the police on 999 if there is a large dead or injured animal obstructing traffic and it is a danger to road users.

Public Path Orders

Public Footpath and Diversion orders are administered by Planning Services and is used where paths need to be closed or diverted for town planning development.