Show mobile menu
Show search control
Show search control
Search Site

Abandoned and Nuisance Vehicles

How to report an abandoned or nuisance vehicle and how to arrange for your vehicle to be scrapped.

Vehicle Scrapping

If you have a vehicle that you no longer want, we can arrange for it to be collected from your home and scrapped. If you would like this service please complete our online Vehicle Scrapping form.

Report a Nuisance Vehicle

The Council will investigate cases where vehicles are causing a nuisance as follows:

  • Where 2 or more vehicles are advertised for sale on a road (within 500 metres of each other)
  • Where the road is being used to carry out motor repairs to vehicles as part of a business

Report an Abandoned Vehicle

What we do:

  • before you report an abandoned vehicle please check if the vehicle is taxed on the DVLA website
  • if a car is not showing as taxed on the DVLA site report it to us
  • if the vehicle is dangerous, eg. burnt out please report it to us. If in the Council's opinion the vehicle is dangerous then the vehicle may be removed within 24 hours

What we don't do:

  • we're not able to remove a vehicle if it is taxed
  • vehicles parked dangerously or causing an obstruction should be reported to the Hertfordshire Police.

Report an Abandoned Vehicle online

The easiest way to is via our Abandoned Vehicle Form.

Alternatively, you can also report problems to us using our online reporting tool, Fix my Street which allows you to report your problem using a postcode, street name or area. You can also upload photos, track the progress of the issue and check if someone else has already reported a similar issue.


How would you rate the information on this page?

Rate as GoodRate as AverageRate as Poor