Show mobile menu
Show search control
Show search control
Search Site

Alcohol, Entertainment & Late Night Refreshment

You will need to apply for permission if you wish to sell alcohol, provide certain types of entertainment or sell hot food or hot drink between 23:00 and 05:00. If you trade illegally without a permission you risk an unlimited fine and up to six months in prison.

Premises Licence & Club Premises Certificates

You can apply for a Premises Licence or a Club Premises Certificate online. You must consider how your activities will impact upon crime and disorder, public safety, public nuisance and protecting children from harm.

Personal Licence to Sell Alcohol

Premises licensed to sell alcohol using a Premises Licence must name a designated premises supervisor (DPS) who holds a Personal Licence. You can apply for a Personal Licence to Sell Alcohol online.

Temporary Event Notices (TEN)

A Temporary Event Notice (TEN) can be used to provide licensable activities on a temporary basis or to temporarily extend the hours of existing licences.

Advertising Requirements - Guidance notes

If you're applying for a new premises licences or a club premises certificate, there is specific information that you must advertise in newspapers and in notices displayed on the premises during the application period.

Variations, Minor Variations, Transfers & Changes of DPS

Once a permission is granted the holder can apply to make changes to the licence. There are several changes you can apply for:

Notices of Application & Objecting to Licence Applications

Under the law we're required to list all new, variation and review applications for both premises licences & club premises certificates. These notices will be listed on this page for 28 days. Residents and businesses are able to comment on applications for Premises Licences and Club Premises Certificates.

Licensing Act 2003 & Licensing Policy

Under the Licensing Act 2003, any premises or place where licensable activities will take place will need to be covered by a licence or notice. Licence holders will be responsible for the prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, the prevention of public nuisance and the protection of children from harm. The Licensing Act 2003 requires the Licensing Authority to determine and publish its Licensing Policy at least every 5 years. The Statement of Licensing Policy sets out the principles that the authority will apply when exercising its functions under the Licensing Act 2003.